Tearing can happen for 3 major reasons:
- The eye produces too many tears
- The tear duct drainage system does not drain enough tears
- The eyelids do not “fit” across the eyeball normally
How Does it Work?
Depending on the diagnosis, tearing can be treated with simple eye drops, or in some cases, surgery is required on the tear system to regulate the moisture in your eyes. Our doctors will decide which treatment or procedure fits best your case.
- Constant tearing and discharge from the eye
- Patients with a history of trauma to the nose and/or nasal surgery